6.05.2011
Graduation! Now for Another Adventure...
A few weeks ago, Brian graduated from law school! It was a wonderful celebration with family, good friends, and some delicious food too from The Himalayan Kitchen. At the time, we had sort of this feeling of "now what?" Fortunately, that unsurety has now passed. After quite a lot of thought, prayer, and discussion, we have now decided on our future plans.
There were several things we were looking for in the ideal job. Among them:
- Working with respectable, knowledgeable people
- Immigration related, maybe with some family work as well
- Something in the western states in order to be close to family
- A small firm as opposed to a lawyer killing factory
- A place where Brian's Marshallese and Tongan language skills could be used
- Somewhere where Brian could still work in heading up the Utah Marshallese Association (UMA)
- Make enough money to pay off student loans quickly
Well, since that perfect job didn't really exist, why not create it? That's right, we've decided to start up a law firm right here in Utah. Brian will be partnering with our friend Julia Waldron, a woman who is not only respectable and brilliant, but also shares Brian's desire to focus on immigration work with maybe some family stuff on the side. She's also a returned missionary who speaks Spanish, and a supermom who taught me about cloth diapering. Brian and I both feel really, really good and at peace about this decision. We're currently looking at office space in West Valley and trying to iron out all of the details. That way, as soon as they get their licenses at the end of October, they can start. This means we'll be making our permanent home in Salt Lake City. I never thought I would say that, but you know what? I'm excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting! Hope things go smoothly for you guys! Love the last picture!!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Congratulation again to you both! I am excited that you stay in Utah for now!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! That's SO exciting! You guys are living the dream :-)
ReplyDeletesounds exciting! good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Keep us posted on the progress!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news! I am so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete