6.09.2011

My Baby's 3 Months Old!

Dear Isaiah,

You are getting so big so fast! I can hardly believe that you are already 3 months old. While the time has gone by so quickly, your dad and I were talking just last night about how it feels like we've known you forever. You're such a sweet little boy, and an absolute joy to be around.

Early this morning, I went to check on you in your bassinet when I heard you making some noises. (Actually, you were thrashing your legs around.. just like I do!) When we made eye contact, you looked surprised to see me. Then, you let out a big huge grin! You sure know how to make me melt.

You give me the sweetest little baby shoulder massages when I burp you. It's as if you're trying to give me some love back. And when you burp, oh, do you burp! You'll be ready for scout camp in no time with those monster belches.

Ever since we switched to cloth, you LOVE diaper time. Before, you used to cry when your diaper got changed. Now though, you're all smiles and giggles! I love it. Sometimes when you're feeling sad, I'll change your diaper just to make you smile again.

One of your favorite games is to have a smiling contest with me or Daddy. You can smile and smile and smile some more at us for a long time. Sometimes I set unfair rules, like "first one to cry loses." You can be a little bit moody sometimes, and you'll occasionally interrupt a smiling contest to cry. It goes both ways though, and you'll also suddenly stop screaming or crying in order to smile and giggle. I try to do what I can to keep you happy, because as I keep telling you, you're too cute to be sad!

You're a lucky boy to have two dogs who love you very much. Anywhere you go, Rudy and Louie always want to follow you. They love to protect you and make sure you're safe. When you cry, Louie gets especially worried. One time, as I was trying to comfort you while you were upset, Louie thought I was the one making you cry. Since he loves you so much, he tried to rescue you from me by grabbing my hair in his mouth and pulling it! He's since learned that we're all on the same team, so now he runs to alert me any time he thinks you need help. Rudy tries to claim you as his only. He loves to lick you, especially when visitors come by. It's like he's trying to tell them, "Just so you know, this is MY baby! Okay?" Both dogs love to snuggle with your blankets after you use them. They just can't get enough of your smells!

You love exploring the world around you. You especially love trees, going for walks, and looking at the black and white pictures in our living room. Your favorite color right now seems to be black. Every time we take you out in public, strangers always want to admire how handsome you are. Your dad says we should make you a T-shirt that says "Sorry ladies, I'm not available right now, but leave your name and number and I'll get back to you when I'm 16."

Speaking of ladies, your friend Liba tried to hold your hand last week. You weren't sure how you felt about it then (because you started crying), but I think your friendship will grow a lot more as you get bigger.

At church, the ladies there always keep telling me to put more blankets on you (even when it's 85 degrees and everyone in the room is sweating). You always try to kick off extra blankets though, because you get too warm. I'm learning to let you tell me when you're too hot or too cold. You usually do a pretty good job of letting me know. You're communicating better and better every day, you know.

Daddy and I love you so, so much. You're already such a fun little guy. We're so excited to watch you grow and develop even more!

love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. The cloth diapers are super cute! How is using them? I'm curious about them, but have a fear of having to scrap off poo and washing poo items in the washing machine. I guess it all gets clean in the end. John Nash told us they still have diaper services that come pick up and launder cloth diapers. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the diaper services. That's interesting! So far, our washing routine is pretty easy. I'll write another post soon about how that's all going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...