1) They look super cute.
2) They can save us a whole lot of money long term.
3) Cleaning them is actually really easy & painless.
4) They feel soft & cozy, and my son's skin doesn't stick to them like it does when he wears disposables.
5) We've got our own washer & dryer... why not?
We're testing a few different kinds of diapers. So far we're trying out Smartipants & Incredibellas, & I ordered some others from GoGreen. All of these are one-size, so they fit newborn to about 40 lbs!
Here are the Smartipants on top, Incredibellas on bottom. All on the newborn setting.
Believe it or not, this is all the same diaper. (Incredibellas) Some of the different sizing options:
This insert absorbs the pee, then agitates out it the wash. That means we never have to touch the dirty part of the diaper! I just run a cold rinse 1st, then wash the soiled diapers with Rockin' Green detergent in hot water. Poo comes out like it was never even there. Not bad!
Most of all, this little guy seems to like them a lot, and looks so handsome when he models them. And... so far no leaks!
Awesome! Glad to hear they're so easy to clean and don't leak. I'm looking forward to occasional updates. :)
ReplyDeletethat's awesome, and he looks so cute in that diaper! I tried cloth diapers when Michael got a bad rash, but personally couldn't do it for long. but, admire people who can. I just stick to recycling, hoping I contribute just a bit to cover all the diaper waste!
ReplyDeleteOlia, I'm curious... what were the issues you had with it? I'm wondering if there are some things I'm not anticipating? I've read that with the amount of washing, drying, + the materials used to make the diaper, that cloth is just as hard on the environment as disposables. So for me isn't not much of an environmental thing, mostly just money & cuteness. Way to go though for recycling! I don't recycle much, but I should learn from your example. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Jen! I'm so glad you posted a link to your blog on fb! Your first mother's day was a hilarious read; although, too typical to count as a " day off!" I hope your little guy is feeling better and getting a good night's rest!
ReplyDeleteI used cloth on hazel--I've gotten lazy though. I'm not going to say how long the dirty ones have been dirty! I used mostly fuzzibuz (sized ones) and bumgenious (one-size). They were great and especially easy for the first six months! I bought some tiny sized ones for the new baby, but they are still huge on him...hopefully soon! I agree though--they are SO much cuter!!
Go cloth. I've been using it for almost 20 months with my son. We've used Bumgenius one size. I found with each major milestone, I've had to make slight adjustments with the diapers (how I wash, how I dry, how I put them on, etc.), and I had a bit of a learning curve at first. But, they've worked great for us. I've recently had him in disposables for nighttime only, but I'm gearing up my courage to put him back in cloth at night. I've heard the study claiming that the environmental impact of the cloth diapers is equal to the disposables was not really fairly done, but who really knows. And, who really wants to get in on the nitty gritty of the "diaper wars." They are very cute, and they definitely save money. And, when it comes down to it, I honestly prefer them over disposables.
ReplyDelete